Crizalk 250 Crizotinib Capsule
WHAT IS CRIZALK ?
Crizalk is a targeted therapy. It is an oral receptor tyrosine kinase inhibitor Crizotinib is a cancer medication that interferes with the growth and spread of cancer cells in the body.
MEDICINE USES :
Crizotinib 250 mg Capsules is used for the treatment of non-small cell lung cancer that is caused by a defect in a gene called ALK (anaplastic lymphoma kinase). The cancer must be (ALK)-positive as indicated by an FDA-approved test. This medicine blocks an enzyme called anaplastic lymphoma kinase (ALK). Some lung cancer cells have an overactive version of ALK. Blocking ALK with crizotinib can stop the cells growing but it only works in cancers with the overactive enzyme. About 1 in 20 people (5%) with non small cell lung cancer (NSCLC) have the overactive ALK enzyme.
CRIZOTINIB COMMON SIDE EFFECTS :
nausea, vomiting; diarrhea, constipation; swelling in your hands or feet; tired feeling; or vision problems such as blurred vision, increased sensitivity of your eyes to light, or seeing flashes of light or "floaters."
Call your doctor at once if you have:
- severe vision problems, including loss of vision;
- headache with chest pain and severe dizziness, fainting, fast or pounding heartbeats;
- very slow heart rate; a light-headed feeling, likett you might pass out; sudden chest pain or discomfort, wheezing, dry cough or cough with mucus, feeling short of breath;
- fever, swollen gums, painful mouth sores, pain when swallowing, cold or flu symptoms; easy bruising or bleeding (nosebleeds, bleeding gums); or
- liver problems--nausea, upper stomach pain, itching, tired feeling, loss of appetite, dark urine, clay-colored stools, jaundice (