Imuran - Azathioprine 50mg Tablets
WHAT IS IMURAN ?
Imuran 50mg is an antimetabolite. It works by decreasing the effects of certain cells in the body's immune system.
MEDICINE USES :
GSK Azathioprine 50mg is used with other medications to prevent rejection of a kidney transplant. It works by weakening your body's defense system (immune system) to help your body accept the new kidney as if it were your own. This medication belongs to a class of drugs known as immunosuppressants.
Azathioprine is also used to treat patients with severe rheumatoid arthritis who have not responded to other medications (e.g., nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs/NSAIDs such as ibuprofen)
IMURAN AZATHIOPRINE COMMON SIDE EFFECTS :
- mild upset stomach, nausea, diarrhea, loss of appetite;
- hair loss; or
- skin rash.
Stop using Azathioprine and call your doctor right away if you have any of these symptoms of lymphoma:
- fever, night sweats, weight loss, tiredness;
- feeling full after eating only a small amount;
- pain in your upper stomach that may spread to your shoulder; or
- easy bruising or bleeding, pale skin, feeling light-headed or short of breath, rapid heart rate.
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects.
SAFETY INFORMATION (Precautions) for IMURAN AZATHIOPRINE 50 MG TABLETS :
- Imuran may reduce the number of clot-forming cells (platelets) in your blood. Avoid activities that may cause bruising or injury. Tell your doctor if you have unusual bruising or bleeding.